Thursday, July 30, 2015

A Darwin Award

There have been times when I've done remarkably stupid things, and surprisingly only a fraction of those times were during my teenage years.

Up until the age of 30 I was fairly focused with a concrete goal in mind. With the exception of a few minor bumps it was a pretty straight road to The Perfect Life (TM). I had everything I ever wanted, I had it all.

Except for happiness.

I needed a new plan.

Now and then I think about what coincidences in life that might have brought me to this point, to this challenge I am now facing. Imagine all the things that had to occur, not only in my life but in everybody else's, to arrange it so that I end up crossing Australia on a longboard.
Why am I doing this?

Well, the answer to that question is Love and Respect, Passion and a craving for Adventure, but that is beside the point.

I'm insane, that's the point.








(A beer to the first to name the X-Files episode)

1 comment:

  1. We know you are Anders! That's why you deserve this too long vacation so much.

    I love to follow your adventures and I'm positive that you will make this one too.

    Have a nice trip and come back safe, we will definitely miss you at work.

    Love, Kalle

    ReplyDelete