Sunday, September 13, 2015

Katherine Gorge

"My mother-in-law is Swedish", our taxi driver Jamal proudly proclaimed as he turned on his playlist of obscure Swedish songs I've never heard.

One of the many, many downsides of travelling by longboard is the limited means to do side trips. There are no buses from Katherine to the Nitmiluk National Park during weekends, but Jamal with his taxi actually got us a better deal than two round trip bus tickets.

I like valleys, canyons and ravines, and Katherine Gorge delivered. With a bit of canoeing and hiking we we're treated with some scenic views.









I don't know when I'll have Internet next, so while you're waiting for the next blog post you should read longboardlady.com, like her on Facebook and watch all her Instagram pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment